Monday, January 2, 2012

2011: a year in review

Happy New Year! As we welcome in 2012 with open arms (and I begrudgingly accept turning 26 yesterday), it's fun to look back at the past year and remember all the fun things that happened in 2011.

In January, I turned 25, my beloved Auburn Tigers won the National Championship, I moved into a new room in my old apartment, and it snowed relentlessly.

In February, the snow continued, I saw the Pioneer Woman, we held a spaghetti fundraiser, and changed my life by getting an iPhone.

In March, we had a visit from an old friend which led to three days of partying, I had jury duty, Kurt and I saw Steve Martin, and oh yeah, it kept snowing.

In April, Kurt and I visited Alabama for a wedding (where Kurt learned to eat crawfish), saw Explosions in the Sky play at Radio City, I stalked Stacy London, and we took part in the Lemon Off.

In May, I moved into my very own teeny studio apartment which proceeded to occupy my entire month...well, until we were finally blessed with some nice weather and I got my first taste for Rockaway Beach.

In June, I went to town decorating my apartment, my mom and sister visited, I saw a polo match, attended a sweet wedding, and helped plan the Beer Can Party.

In July, we took a trip to Boston, caught a glimpse of Manhattanhenge, and survived a night of camping.

In August, we survived a hurricane, Kurt and I went to Chicago and Ohio, and we had some fabulous visitors here in Brooklyn.

In September, my parents visited NYC, Kurt turned 30, and we took a trip to Utah.

In October, we took a trip to Montreal, ate lots of beets, took a peek inside the TWA Terminal, I spent some time in Alabama, and it snowed on Halloween.

In November, we watched the marathon, I attended a fun blogger party, and we traveled to West Virginia for Thanksgiving.

In December, Kurt and I took a cooking class, I attended countless holiday parties, and we made a valiant effort to use all our beer book coupons.

Phew! What a year!! Thanks for reading. I hope 2012 is even better!

2 comments:

  1. I love the recap. I bet it was fun to re-remember all of the fun things you did in 2011. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What. A. Year.

    Love the recap...we seriously did so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...