Wednesday, November 9, 2011

halloween

Soooo.....I had grand Halloween plans this year. Normally, I am stumped and cannot come up with a good costume to save my life and throw something random together a couple hours before a party. But this time I had a plan! Of course it still involved the last minute, so I planned on getting all my supplies on Saturday before a friend's work party that evening.

Then this happened. Yep, freak snow storm in October.

I was so upset, I didn't leave my apartment all day. My grand ambitions in costume making quickly fizzled and I decided I could probably pull off a cat in my snow boots and homemade ears. My super, incredible, amazing costume will have to wait until next year. If I already told you my idea, guard that secret with your life! Halloween 2012!

The crappy weather continued into the evening as Kurt and I hunted for a cab to take us to Red Hook. Our friend Paul works at Uhuru, an awesome furniture company, and they threw a party in their massive (albeit drafty) workshop. I thought the weather would deter party goers or at least bring down the level of costumes but neither was the case. There were some amazing get ups! I guess I was the only wimp who let a little snow bring me down :(

Christian (sans costume for agility) and Kurt battling it out at ping pong.

One of the most fun elements of the party was a mini photo booth by The Digital Photobooth. The camera took awesome shots!

Erin as a bed bug.

Paul as an impaled zombie?

Andrea pulled off a much better cat than I did. I should have gone for the whiskers!

Kurt as Steve Jobs. While I failed at making my own costume, I think I created a pretty impressive iPad knockoff :)

Christian as a robot inspired by Flight of the Conchords.


We're supposed to be growling although it looks more like awkward smiling. 

I-O!

Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa,

    Kind of awkward moment here. You won my You Pick Giveaway, but I couldn't find an email for you. Could you kindly email me back at b9objects[at]gmail[dot]com with your contact info and shipping address so I can send you your perpetual calendar? Thanks! Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your knock-off ipad was right up there with Chinese quality! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...