Tuesday, November 29, 2011

all i want for christmas...

Well, at least its a start. I'm positive I will add more as Christmas and my birthday draw closer.


My dear iphone has taken a few spills within almost the year I've had it, so I figured it was about time I get a case. I've had my eye on some of the beautiful designs from Society6. So practical, right?


I think I caught the coffee table book fever after I bought the new DesignSponge book. I've been mourning the loss of domino for years and thought the best way to pay my respects was to invest in their book, domino: the book of decorating. The magazine's spirit will live on by sitting on my bookshelf.

Another practical option: new running shoes. When my motivation wanes in the winter months, I hope these cute new kicks will encourage me to get my ass to the gym. I only chose these New Balance ones because they are pretty. Any suggestions, more experienced runners than I?


I used to have a cute little pink Swiss Army Knife for years until it was confiscated at the airport. It was so convenient to have on my key chain for random moments. I love the design of this one. The only thing that could make it better is a bottle opener. I am also tempted by the Tourist model except that it doesn't come in pretty colors and doesn't include scissors. I think that is my favorite tool. However, the corkscrew is hard to pass up. Don't judge. Wine on the go is a frequent occurrence.

And now for my real dilemma. If you can't tell from my constant blog whining, I want a new camera. I need a new camera. I just can't decide what kind I want. All my options seem to have a binding theme though; they are crazy expensive. Do I go for the compact route with a souped up point and shoot? Do I take the middle ground and get a mirrorless option with a semi-compact body and nice image quality and interchangeable lenses (which I could possibly share with Kurt)? Or do I go all out and invest in a DSLR and a good purse/camera bag for toting the beast around? So many options! Please, send me your advice!!!

Above: Canon Powershot S95 / Olympus E-PL3 (love the white!) / Canon Rebel T3


Oh, and while we're at it, I will take one of these. Cute overload!!!


3 comments:

  1. In terms of cameras, I personally love my camera, which is a Panasonic Lumix LX3. Lumix lenses are actually made by Leica, which is a fancy-schmancy camera company. The LX5 is the newest model, and will run you about $370, which I think is a pretty good price for the camera. Clumsy me, I actually dropped my Lumix in a puddle today, and am currently trying to dry it out with a hairdrier... I'm crossing my fingers that I'm not in the camera-buying business as well!

    PS: I love the running shoes, and I think New Balance makes pretty good running shoes. I also think Asics makes some pretty good running shoes, but they aren't nearly as stylish. Maybe check out Saucony as well... they've got some nicer designs and are also a pretty good running shoe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Domino book has been on my list since it came out! Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...