Tuesday, October 25, 2011

twa terminal

Last weekend, the days seemed to be bursting at the seams with events. Besides football watching and cooking competitions, I also wanted to check out some Open House New York tours. I wish I could have fit more sites in, but I'm glad we were able to make the trek out the JFK to see the TWA Flight Center.

It's typically closed to the public since it has fallen out of use. However, during OHNY, like many architectural sites around the city, it was open for people to wander around. Architects from Beyer Blinder Belle were also on hand to explain the extent of the current renovation. 






I love these details!



Seth and Krista, new friends in the neighborhood!








Despite the distance to JFK and $10 Air Train, the building was packed! You could tell the majority of the visitors were architects who had some sort of deluxe camera. I don't blame them. The building was really awesome! Eero Saarinen knew what he was doing :) I'm soooo glad we fit it into the weekend's busy schedule!

1 comment:

  1. TWA was AMAZING! Photographers dream, any direction you pointed the camera was a good shot.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...