Monday, April 18, 2011

lemon off

Remember the Pumpkin-Off from last fall (and the infamous Mac-n-Cheese off which happened in my pre-blog days)? Well, we are trying to make a series of it! Everyone's been dying around here for a taste of Spring (I'm not the only one!), so the next challenge ingredient was Lemons!

This was the spread before everyone dug in. We had some delicious contenders. There were quite a few classics as well as some unconventional options.

I'm partial to my own entry of Lemon Basil Pasta. The Pioneer Woman never lets me down :)

Michele's Chocolate Chip Cookies with Lemon Zest

Majo's Lemon Meringue Pie


Kurt's Lemon Water (in our Amsterdam souvenir)


Jenn's Lemon Ricotta Tart


Hillary's Lemon Lasagna


Stephanie's Lemon Icebox Pie


Monica's Lemon Cupcakes

The aftermath :) Once everyone sampled all the dishes, we voted for our favorites. The categories were Best Sweet, Best Savory, and Best Overall.

I placed! Luckily, there were only a few savory entries and Hillary's lasagna took the prize for Best in Show. I got the trophy for Best Savory dish and Stephanie's Ice Box Pie was the Best Sweet winner. We had a great time and left stuffed with lemon goodness. I can't wait for the next cook off! We've got rhubarb scheduled for June and maybe corn in the fall. 

Send creative recipes my way! I have a title to uphold!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...