Tuesday, April 19, 2011

surprise gift (sadly, not a puppy)


Look what Kurt brought me at work today! He was in the neighborhood checking out one of his finished projects and stole this little gem for me. Take that eleven02! :) It smells awesome. You would think spring is right outside my window but in fact there are only 50 degree temperatures and rain. One of these days.....

I'm working on becoming an honorary landscape architect, so I'm brushing up on my plant IDs. However, don't be misled by my label. Koreanspice is one word. I lost some major points for that. My professor is such a hard ass :(

Thanks for the flowers, Kurt!

6 comments:

  1. Did you notice that it's the exact same flower as the one Joey picked?! I'm pretty certain...ask Jen how aromatic her's is. Or ask Joey to go check the fuzziness of the leaves.

    http://hcs.osu.edu/hcs/tmi/plantlist/vi_lesii.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. copy cat! mine is a hydrangea. if yall moved back south, Kurt could see all these plants he's only heard of. and maybe he could plant a crepe myrtle in the front yard too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagerstroemia

    "commonly known as Crape myrtle or Crepe myrtle"

    Similar to Alabaman vs Alabamian :) We like to keep things loose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Melissa, I was about to quote the same line. I will choose another instead...

    "Flowers are born in summer and autumn in panicles of crinkled flowers with a crepe-like texture."

    mmmmmm crepes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really that is surprising gift. thanks for share this beautiful one.
    African Fabric |African Wax Print | African George Fabric

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...