Monday, January 28, 2013

the weather report | more than just cold

After over a week of sub-sub-freezing temperatures, we finally got some snow! I don't know why this makes the cold more bearable. It's just as frigid (if not more) and now wet and slippery, but a dusting of white on the ground gets everyone a little excited and warmed from the inside out. Somehow the cold is justified/vindicated by it. Regardless, I'm glad January is almost over.





We took these photos after work on Friday night. The city only got an inch or two, but it stuck around for most of the weekend since it is still pretty cold. If this is going to be a typical Northeast winter, I'm going to have to invest in a thicker jacket. My Southern skin can't take this wind!

Our social outings tend to revolve around the seasons. In the summer, we are great explorers on bike all over Brooklyn and even a couple other boroughs. But once those temperatures drop, we limit ourselves to places comfortably and quickly reached by foot, bus, and train. And when it's 15 degrees and snowing, my world shrinks to a two block radius. Dinner, drinks, and quick stop at the wine shop were all in view of my apartment. I could get used to this convenience, but I will NEVER get used to this cold.

P.S. - I hope you all like the new look of the blog! (Inspired by this tumblr because everyone knows I am SO hard core :) )

13 comments:

  1. You blog looks so great! I need to figure out how to design mine, or pay someone - ha!

    Snow makes the cold weather totally bearable, it makes you feel like you're in a magical world! But, this girl is ready for warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Justine! I briefly considered paying someone and then quickly realized I am much too cheap for that. I decided a day with photoshop and googling html/css tips was more my speed :) I have faith you can do yours too! Let me know if you need any tips.

      Delete
  2. I love the changes you made to your blog! Looks awesome! I need some tips, maybe that can be a post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! Maybe I will to put together a post of my process...although it will probably just reveal the backwards way I did everything because I really have no idea what I am doing! Hopefully I will gain some tips from lovely readers along the way as well!

      Delete
  3. You really got a lot done yesterday while I was sitting next to you not getting much done at all!

    Winter (specifically snowy winter) is another good reason to live in the city! No treacherous driving worries, and when really bitter but you still want to get out of the apartment the essentials are only a short walk away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Productivity is my middle name.

      Preaching to the choir about the perks of city living...although sometimes a couple blocks is even too much to bear in ten degrees. Sometimes I dream about a heated car with seat warmers taking me to any destination I desire. Sigh.

      Delete
  4. LOVE the look! I've been really liking that X graphic lately (seen it around a few design place), it's so simple but catches the eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Clare! I found lots of "X" inspiration here: http://yourlogoisnothardcore.tumblr.com/ It's really making fun of the trend but I love the look too! :)

      Delete
  5. Bham Stalker here! Love the new look! So jealous of your snow, too! New Graphix 4 life
    xo
    E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bham Stalker! You're the best! :)

      I'll be in Alabama for a wedding at the end of April. We should meet up!

      Delete
    2. Would you be referring to the wedding of a miss J. Hughes? Because I will totally be there, and we can have beers and some good blog talk!

      Delete
    3. Would you be referring to the wedding of a miss J. Hughes? Because I will totally be there, and we can have beers and some good blog talk!

      Delete
    4. That's the one! Ah....beers and blog talk! Can't wait!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...