Wednesday, January 9, 2013

quick swing through bham

After our day trip to Atlanta, we drove through Birmingham on our way back to North Alabama. Kurt's camera is in the shop, so he stole mine and took waaaaay too many pictures of Railroad Park. It is a really awesome park, and he took some very lovely shots, so I had a hard time editing. Feel free to breeze through the photos, but there is a fun bit at the end!
























After our trek through the park, we met up with Jessica and her fiancĂ© Eric at El Barrio for a drink. Woo hoo! They are (finally) engaged! Jessica refused to give me the clichĂ© ring shot, so you will have to settle for this picture of the happy couple and take my word that the ring is gorgeous. Congratulations you guys! Now get to planning so I can buy my plane ticket!

Kurt and me! We had a fun couple of days but are definitely not cut out for road trips and long car rides. Planes/trains/buses from here on out for us!

11 comments:

  1. I've never been to the South in my life! It was cool to see your latests posts of places I've always wondered about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bring your passport if you ever go! It's definitely a different country down there :) But there are also some very fun, interesting, and historic things to see. Not to mention, the people are a particular version of friendly!

      Delete
  2. Love the Magic City... great pictures of Railroad Park! And... Excellent choice with El Barrio. Please tell me you tried their Grape Fruit Margarita!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noooooo! I didn't know the Grape Fruit Margarita was the thing to get! Next time!

      Delete
  3. Love and Miss RR Park. Great pics. We'll see you at the wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very excited about this wedding and very excited about seeing you there. I'll save you a dance! :)

      Delete
  4. That park looks so cool!! It's huge! Love that it's along the railroad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really great park! And it's doing a lot to help revitalize Downtown Birmingham. You should make sure to stop by if you are ever in Alabama :)

      Delete
  5. I can't get over Railroad Park. I'm hoping for a May wedding so I can finally see it in really nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You won't have to wait until May for that. Remember, this is Alabama! It's nice by March and April! May is almost even too hot :)

      Delete
    2. I know...so if I'm going for a northerner's July, May should do right?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...