Friday, January 25, 2013

ladies night

Earlier this week, Jenn and I had a little "ladies night" after work. No, there was no skeezy club involved. We just happened to hit up a couple lady-centric events and enjoyed a couple glasses of prosecco along the way. Not bad for a Wednesday night!


First, we attended a Women in Architecture happy hour at the Bisazza showroom in SoHo. 


Bisazza makes these incredibly intricate and flashy glass tile mosaics. I love their showroom. Who doesn't need a skull and cross bone motif on their bathroom walls? I'm sold.

Then we made our way to our first bi-weekly GIRLS viewing party of the year. We're only a couple episodes in and I am already pretty excited about this season! If you don't watch, you should start immediately. It's that good. Thanks for hosting us, Andrea!

Other thoughts this week: 

It's terribly cold in New York. 10 degrees is the lowest I've experienced yet. I have no desire to see what single digits are like. This about sums up my attitude from now until March.

Anyone else wish they were at Alt Summit this week? It sounds like a lot of fun. Luckily, they are having a mini conference in NYC this summer (that weather is more my speed anyway). I'm hoping it's not too expensive because it would be fun to check out. Who's with me?

Have a great weekend!

16 comments:

  1. Okay, that place in SoHo is GORGEOUS! I love Girls, I wish the episodes were longer though! A mini Alt Summit in NYC would be so fun, I hope you get to go :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boyfriend and I joke that the characters on TV shows we watch are our "friends". I could definitely use more time with my Girls "friends" each week. An hour isn't too much to ask for, is it? The whole show is just so entertaining!

      Delete
  2. sounds like a wonderful ladies' night! and yes, i've been watching "girls" and loving it - it's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The burrito of sadness is ridiculous. Although you could look just like that if you wanted to borrow my mummy sleeping bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHY HAVE YOU NOT OFFERED THIS SLEEPING BAG BEFORE?! I am not too proud to wear that into work if the cold gets into single digits :)

      Delete
  4. FIRST, your new blog design is AAAAAMAZING. I love it. ADORE IT!

    SECOND, I need to get on the Girls train. Soon!

    AND THIRD, I am giddy over the idea of Alt NYC. I think I will try and go too if it's not too much $$! I will be out of school by then too! AND I am going to a wedding that weekend so I will already be heading to the city! SOUNDS like the most perfect timing to me! It must be meant to be!!!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. **the wedding is IN NYC! I'm so excited about all this. I'm smiling like a FOOL.

      Delete
    2. FIRST, thank you thank you! I thought it was time for a change :)

      SECOND, you should get on Girls asap. Best to watch with girlfriends or sisters too!

      THIRD, you should TOTALLY come to NYC for Alt! I think it's really fate that you will already be in the city and have time to kill. It couldn't be more perfect!

      Delete
  5. Ladies night is THE BEST type of night - and yes, i'm already loving this season of Girls, and am SO happy they won at the globes - they deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy Girls has gotten recognition from all the awards organizations. Somehow Lena Dunham makes me feel really under-accomplished since she is so young and doing great things. On the other hand, her character Hannah makes me feel like I've got it all figured out! :) Hopefully I actually fall somewhere in between.

      Delete
  6. Girl your blog is so amazing, I totally felt in love wirh it.. What do you think about following each other? Let me know <3

    Http://gowestyoungcowgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! I will be sure to check out your blog.

      Delete
  7. the bisazza showroom looks amazinnnggg! have you ever been to beauty and essex? it's a great place for a girl's night. free champagne in the ladies room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free champagne?! I'm there! Thanks for the tip!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...