Monday, February 18, 2013

valentine's day

I hope you all had a great weekend! Besides an awesome 90s dance party at the Bell House and a lovely ladies brunch at Jenn's house, my weekend was pretty low key. Kurt is on his annual ski trip with the guys, so I've been catching up on sleep and watching lots and lots of TV (currently burning through the latest New Girl episodes...hilarious!). So instead of a weekend recap, here's a VALENTINE'S DAY RECAP!




For some reason, I wasn't too excited about V-day this year. It could be my chronic winter blahs or the constant bombardment of pink and red for months, but the day sort of snuck up on me. I didn't even pick out a cute dress to wear! To make matters worse, I had a late client meeting and didn't get out of the office until after seven. Thankfully, Kurt was on the ball and suggested we try a new place in Sunset Park. We landed on this Turkish place, Kofte Piyaz, which is byob and had a special Valentine's Day four course prix fix menu. The food was great and we had a lovely evening, curing my Scroog-iness about the day of love.

Kurt got me some beautiful flowers. I do love lillies, especially when stored in a stolen beer pitcher. I got Kurt a couple ties to add to begin his collection and a new Ohio State key chain. I've gotten pretty good at fashioning office supplies into acceptable wrapping presentations, don't you think?

One V-day activity I was excited about was the Valentine's Day City Swap put on by Allie of Be Up & Doing. I was so so so excited to receive a package from Candis of Lady Lee & Drew Jones in Columbus, Ohio. I already have a necklace from her shop and looooove it, like inappropriately so. Kurt thinks I wear it too much but it goes with everything! Now I have a new one to add to my collection. Thanks, Candis!


As part of the swap, I put together a package of Brooklyn items to send to Shannon in Washington DC. I got her a tote bag from Maptote, caramels from Liddabit Sweets, a card from Pepper Press, and a "No Sleep Till  Brooklyn" pencil, all from a local shop called By Brooklyn. Like that fancy wrapping job again? I've got mad craft paper skillz :)

Did you all have a good Valentine's Day?

5 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! love the idea of a valentines swap - i'll have to get in on that next year ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The swap was so much fun. I love being able to share bits of my city with other people. It was exciting getting a surprise gift too!

      Delete
  2. Yea I really enjoyed the Turkish V-Day dinner. Really nice place in an unsuspecting location. Thank you for the gifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun night! Thanks for picking it out!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...