Wednesday, February 13, 2013

kendi everyday in nyc

Jenn and I recently headed up to the Lincoln Square Gap for an event featuring the fashion blog Kendi Everyday. I'm a relatively new follower to her blog but really appreciate her funny, sweet commentary with each outfit she posts. I'm hoping to incorporate some of her fashion ideas into my own daily wardrobe. We'll see how that goes :) 



We've been to a lot of book signings, but Jenn and I could not think of a single thing to say to a fashion blogger. I like how you put clothes together ? I think you are pretty ? It would have just been awkward, so we decided to forego the line for a chance to talk to Miss Kendi. Lots of ladies (and guys) did and she seemed warm and friendly to every single one.

Instead, Jenn and I stood in a different line and got makeovers by Bare Minerals. I generally don't wear tons of makeup, so I always feel I look like a drag queen when I get my makeup done (or should I say 'did'?). Regardless, my sister and I used to do each other's makeup all the time when we were growing up, so it kind of reminded me of a fun girls night. Too bad Jenn and I didn't have big party plans afterward to show off our new looks.

We enjoyed drinks and snacks while I took some more photos from awkward angles. We also admired the new spring stuff at the Gap. I haven't been the biggest fan the past couple years, but due to what seems like the 'J.Crew-ification of the world' I'm very excited about the new line. Anyway, it was a fun night! Thanks for making the trek to NYC, Kendi!

See Kendi's post about the event here!

8 comments:

  1. Haha you definitely had your makeup "did" not "done." That seems like such a fun event, I need to try to more stuff like that in DC.

    And all those bright colors are making me anxious for spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should search out stuff like this in DC! Just keep your ear to the ground, follow people on twitter etc. I usually have a good time and even when they aren't that great, it's still good for a free glass of wine :)

      NEON yes! It was so strange walking from all those bright colors into the cold outside. I need spring to get here asap too!

      Delete
  2. We need to plan better after events like this. Twice now we've had our make-up did (and hair last time too!) and had no where to go. Next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally. We need an emergency "I'm too done up to go home to bed" back up plan :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. She is! And so sweet too. I can't believe it took me so long to start following her blog!

      Delete
  4. This sounds fun! We don't have any events like this near where I live, but I love reading about them on other people's blogs :) And I'm with you on the makeup - I don't really wear anything most of the time, so when I do, I kind of feel like I'm about to go on stage ;) xoxo! Eliza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent so many years living in more rural areas where is felt like NOTHING was ever going on. I'm making up for it now by trying to fit in as many interesting events I can!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...