Tuesday, April 30, 2013

cohabitation!

Big news: Kurt and I are moving in together! We just signed the lease on a sweet little one bedroom apartment in Park Slope. I'm in love with the place! It's right off the park, super convenient to the subway, and still close to all our friends in the neighborhood. The broker let us measure and take photographs a few days ago, so we can plan for the big move in less than two weeks! We've got some great ideas for the space that I can't wait to share here. Wish us luck!


Building front (ground floor, great Southern exposure)

Entry hall (an actual formal foyer?! I feel like such an adult :) )

Kitchen (lots of cabinets (by NYC standards at least) and a HUGE pantry!)

Living Room (so bright!)

Living Room (cozy but usable space)

Bedroom (odd storage piece in the corner? perfect for extra pillows!)

Bathroom (claw foot tub! weird flesh colored walls, definitely getting painted asap)

Pardon all the goofy/way too serious photos of me. Kurt was taking pictures while I was quickly sketching the floor plan. In typical architect fashion, I've already got it drawn up in AutoCAD and will be sharing it soon! So excited over here!

22 comments:

  1. The place looks adorable. I love the checkerboard floor in the kitchen and the wood floors throughout the rest of the place. Those windows are going to be so great this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the checkerboard too! Maybe I will actually be inspired to cook something :)

      Delete
  2. congrats! it looks like a wonderful nyc apartment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colleen! I love that it has lots of quirks and charm.

      Delete
  3. Love, love, love it!!! I just love the personality of it. The floors are gorgeous! Are they cork?? And... the claw foot tub!! To die for... Hysterical that that you already have it drawn in AutoCAD...but I guess we shouldn't expect anything less!! Can't wait to see it after you get it all decorated!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The floors are wood in a parquet pattern. It's got lots more charm than a lot of the other places we saw. I can't wait to move in and get it decorated too!

      Delete
  4. Aaah I love it! It's got such character and seems to have a lot of storage and functional space. and a great location is always great! So excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! I'm already having dreams about picnics in the park because we are so incredibly close!

      Delete
  5. How exciting! Congrats! Park Slope is such a wonderful neighborhood to live in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mari. It is a lovely neighborhood. I can't wait to move in and start enjoying it!

      Delete
  6. Congrats! I just moved in with my boyfriend in February. We have been together for seven years, so it was a big step for us! Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Daina! Congratulations to you too! That is a big step. I'll be following along with your progress and hope to learn some tips...like how to get Kurt to put his shoes away etc :)

      Delete
  7. Awesome!!! I think it's adorable. Perfect for you two :) BT-DUB, I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! SUPER pumped for you two!! What a gem of an apartment! Good luck with the move, and so good seeing you two in AL last weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! It was so good to see you too! Now you know you've always got a pull-out couch waiting for you at hotel Kurt + Melissa if you decide to travel up to NYC :)

      Delete
  9. Very nice! Love the black and white checkered floor in the kitchen. Park Slope is such a fantastic neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Park Slope is so lovely. I'm super excited to be that close to the park!

      Delete
  10. how exciting! congratulations, melissa! your apartment looks beautiful and i am SO jealous of your claw-foot tub! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shoko! I was sold once I saw that tub. Surprisingly, it took a little more convincing to win Kurt over :)

      Delete
  11. i LOVE the black and white tile floors and the wood pattern too - ahh i love the vintage details of these diggs! can't wait to see more photos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah! Congrats! What a cute little spot. The first apartment D and I lived in had those same black and white tiled floors...ah. Those were good times. I hope this is a fun experience for you two!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...