Monday, April 8, 2013

macy's flower show


Last week, Jenn and I ventured up to Herald Square and braved the crowds to see the Macy's Flower Show. I had been years ago before I lived in New York and loved how they incorporated gorgeous floral arrangements throughout the store. I remember the jewelry and perfume counters being draped with flowers and plants. Apparently since they have been doing intense renovations at Macy's they have been holding the flower show in a tent outside. The blooms were still breath taking but I hope they move the show back inside in the future.

This year's theme was "The Painted Garden" and incorporated the styles, colors, and feel of India. The event is free so we had to battle a crowd to walk through the tent. It was hard to get a shot that didn't have 20 people in it, but somehow I came away with a million. I hope you enjoy! 





Jenn says I should have more photos of myself on the blog.












All the store's windows are also decorated with elaborate floral displays.









Gorgeous gorgeous! If you are ever in NYC in April, definitely check it out!

9 comments:

  1. Wow - what gorgeous displays! And so nicely captured by your photos! Your posts remind me of how much more of the city I can go explore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is more out there than you can see in a lifetime! Keep chipping away at things one at a time. There are such amazing things happening in this city!

      Delete
  2. This looks AWESOME! You are so good at being a tourist in your own city. I love it. You go to so many activities right in your own backyard! I need to get better at that.

    Thanks for sharing the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can inspire you to get out there and explore! You're bound to found some really interesting things going on in your own city. Good luck!

      Delete
  3. what! i didn't even know such a thing existed! this reminds me a lot of the movie monsoon wedding, which is just as magical as this looks! this gets me pumped to be interning in nyc if things like this just randomly happen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seen Monsoon Wedding, but if it looks like the flower show, I will have to check it out!

      Interning in NYC will be so fun! There is always something interesting going on. Just do a little research and you will have a blast!

      Delete
  4. how have i never heard of this?? this looks incredible! (and you look so cute!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stumbled on it back in my tourist days. It's a really cool experience if you can handle the crowds.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...