Monday, April 1, 2013

spring snapshots

HAPPY DAY! It has finally finally finally started feeling like spring around here. I fit in a nice long run on Saturday and have been spending more and more time outside without my heaviest jacket. It's been a slow transition, but I can feel gorgeous weather and a happy city are right around the corner. Here are some shots from the last couple weeks.


I love splurging on manicures. I can't wait until I can justify adding a pedicure into the mix and showing them off in cute sandals.



A friend threw a pastel themed spring party complete with jello egg shots, Easter themed treats, and bunny ears (as modeled by Kurt).

Warmer temperatures have made weekly brunches a nice weekend treat. Unlimited mimosas are an extra bonus. My favorite spot so far is Giovanni's in Brooklyn.


Jenn and I recently attended a Baking Makes Friends event hosted by Lillie of Butter Me Up Brooklyn at Daddy's in Greenpoint. We all brought baked goods and made some new blog friends! The name doesn't lie. I'm looking forward to the next event. I made super easy and delicious Jam Oat Bars from Colleen at Ordinary Tales and they were a hit!

Jenn and I have been upping the frequency of our beer lunches during the week. Tis the season, right? Here we are at Grey Dog.

Yum. I restrained myself to only one Cadbury Creme Egg this year. It took some intense self control.


We've started on our Brokelyn Beer Book quest. I had grand plans to hit four bars, but we sputtered out after two and ended up playing Jenga at South. 28 more bars to go!

Running outside! The weekend was lovely and I was able to get in 6 miles through Brooklyn. 

Aubie loves helping with laundry.

Jenn hosted another fabulous Feaster celebration complete with Bourbon ham, multi-colored deviled eggs, and a Easter egg/beer hunt in the backyard. I made a grapefruit sangria and macaroni and cheese (sort of a hybrid of this and this). Needless to say, we all ended up in a food coma by the end. We take food holidays seriously.

Happy Spring!  

2 comments:

  1. overjoyed that it's spring! i went looking for cadbury eggs on sale today at a few neighborhood bodegas - alas, no luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! It's sad how quickly the Easter candy disappears! Try a drugstore!

      Overjoyed here about spring as well!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...