Wednesday, April 10, 2013

van horn brunch

Jenn and I are trying to start up a weekly brunch outing on the weekends. How original of us, right? Anyway, our latest outing was to the Van Horn Sandwich Shop in Cobble Hill. I had been once before but never for brunch.

They sat us on the back porch. Even though it is still chilly here (getting better slowly!) they had a temporary structure and heat lamps set up to make the most of their outdoor space in the cooler months. 

Van Horn has a fancy cocktail list, so we started our meal with a couple. I went with the "Van Horn" because if a restaurant is willing to name a drink after itself, I will blindly put my faith in it. Luckily, I wasn't let down. Jenn ordered a type of grapefruit Negroni and didn't love it because it was super bitter. Drinkers beware, Van Horn likes to mix their drinks on the strong side. But I'm not complaining :)

For brunch, I ordered their chicken biscuit special and a side of hush puppies. You know how everyone has their thing that they just have to order when it shows up on a menu? Well, hush puppies are that for me. They were a little on the petite side and served with a side of sweet butter (weird?) but still very good. Two thumbs up, Van Horn. You'll be seeing more of me soon!

7 comments:

  1. Bitter is an understatement for what that drink was. The coffee I had was way less bitter. Pies'n'Thighs for the next round? We should be able to bike :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that looks pretty scrumptious!

    can't wait to give you my charleston list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like my kind of drink! And that chicken biscuit - make me miss Georgia - I'll need to stop by here on a visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely hit up Brooklyn for food next time you visit. So much good Southern food to make you miss the motherland :)

      Delete
  4. oh my goodness. yum. i would love to go sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go! It's really great! Give me a call...I could always go for some hush puppies :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...