Friday, June 24, 2011

jewelry display

I love the nautical stripes in my bathroom but on their own they remind me a bit too much of Beetle Juice. To keep it more "seaside rustic" instead of "land of the undead", I plan on adding baskets, woven materials, and light wood tones.

I had one of these Ikea placemats on the wall of my old apartment and decided to get a few more to hang in a series. I liked how hey looked on their own but I have also been in desperate need of some jewelry storage. My jewelry wearing has been limited to maybe one or two necklaces and one pair of earrings for longer than I'd like to admit. I've gotten pretty lazy in the fashion department, but my lack of accessorizing is mainly because all my pieces have been wadded up in a plastic bag for months. That's right. A plastic bag. Pitiful, I know. In an effort to keep things in sight and mind, the placemats make a great holder for my earrings.

I'll add a few extra nails and hang necklaces too. I just hope Aubie doesn't catch on and realize this is just a fun new toy I have rigged up for him. I hope it is out of his reach!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...