Friday, June 10, 2011

bridesmaids


The last time Kurt and I ventured into a movie theater was back during our Valentine's weekend marathon. I generally have a rule against willingly trapping myself inside when the weather is nice, but I had gotten a coupon deal on 2 movie tickets that was about to expire. Bridesmaids had been plastered all over subway stations for weeks and I decided it was the best choice. It was impressively easy to convince Kurt to see a movie about a wedding because he said he had heard of the producer (Judd Apatow from Superbad, Knocked Up, and the 40-Year-Old Virgin) and we both decided it would be funny. OMG. It was hilarious. You really have to see it. I was dying of laughter the entire time. Kristen Wiig is insanely funny but the movie was a long way from SNL slapstick. The story was actually sweet even though it was totally secondary to the comedy. These ladies definitely give all those raunchy guy movies a run for their money. I cried I was laughing so hard. Another reason I might have loved the movie: it featured Wilson Phillips, one of my utmost favorite bands from the mid nineties, when I was about 8. Please see the movie. You will not be disappointed.

P.S. From the several previews we saw (which I think are a vital part of the movie going experience and Kurt does not), I think The Help looks good. It's about the Civil Rights movement in Mississippi in the 1960s. While the content may be heavy, they spin it in a "surprisingly upbeat" way. I want to see how well these actors can pull off Southern accents :)

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...