Wednesday, November 28, 2012

madison shop and new art


While Kurt and Justin were watching the Ohio State vs. Wisconsin game, Brett and I did some shopping along State Street, the main pedestrian strip running through downtown Madison. We came across a cute shop called Anthology, and I could have spent all day in there! I got some great Christmas presents (sadly I can't show you but know they are amazing!) and quite a few things for myself. Lots of new art for my walls!


I'm very critical of New York prints. There are so many out there, I can afford to be picky right? This one has just enough of a vintage feel for me. And who can go wrong with orange? 

I got this print for Kurt. He loves it. Bonus points for me!


I was shocked to see this print and several like it at the shop. I would recognize it anywhere (and have even spotted them before!). The artist owns a letterpress shop called Kennedy Prints in West Alabama and works closely with Auburn's Rural Studio. I've even been to his studio years ago. Not only was it random for these prints to be all the way in Wisconsin, but they were even signed by the artist, Amos Kennedy, himself. I picked my favorite and asked the shop ladies at Anthology about it while checking out. Apparently, Amos had been there about a week earlier because he is opening a shop in Detroit. They agreed that he is quite a character :) It's amazing how small the world can be sometimes.


While not from my travels to Madison, my walls have acquired a couple other additions recently. (It's like a real apartment over here!) This print is from Ampersand Design Studio. I'm a sucker for typography and neon. It was a no-brainer. The Ampersand ladies have a graphic design business in Kansas City (MO), keep a fun blog, and sent a cute hand written note with my purchase. I'm a fan.


This one is teeny tiny and I couldn't get a good shot, but you can get a better view at Society6. The quote reads, "the cure for anything is salt water. sweat, tears, or the sea." -isak dinesen   So true, Isak.

I picked a good time to go on an art shopping spree, because I was able to outfit all the prints with super cheap frames from Michael's during their Black Friday sales. I promise I did some shopping for others too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...