Friday, December 2, 2011

wild game date night

Kurt and I had a date night recently to use a Groupon I had for Seven Spring Food and Wine just in the nick of time before it expired.

The restaurant serves a random assortment of things including sushi, Korean tacos, burgers, and fancy entrees.

Kurt and I shared a pot-sticker appetizer and then tried a couple wild game burgers. I've been on a veggie burger tour of NYC lately, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to sample something exotic. Kurt was thrilled about adding a new meat to his repertoire and even consulted some guy friends on which animal he should choose. After much deliberation, I went with Kangaroo while Kurt opted for Antelope. Mine tasted pretty similar to beef while Kurt's was kind of tough like venison. Our taste buds weren't blown away but it was still a fun experience.


After dinner, we had a drink at 61 Local in Brooklyn. There is something I really like about the space there, but it has the worst acoustics when it is jam packed with people. Luckily, it was a pretty sleepy weekday evening where Kurt and I could enjoy our drink in peace.

Date nights are so fun! Any suggestions of what we should try next?!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I tried antelope. But I will never pass up a Kangaroo burger again...

    Also, word is a new type meat is about to become legal again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...