Thursday, December 29, 2011

beer book bar crawl: bed-stuy edition


Ticky tocky! The year is almost done and so is time to use our beer books!! Before we left Brooklyn for the holidays, we made a last ditch effort to use several coupons in Bed-Stuy. Kurt's brother, Erik, works for Grow NYC and conveniently had to drop off a box truck in the same neighborhood that evening, so Kurt and I (plus our bikes) hitched a ride. It's been unseasonably warm in NYC so far but decided to unexpectedly turned frigid this weekend. While riding my bike throughout the night, it was the first time I thought I might actually freeze to death. Brrrrr....makes me cold just remembering it. 


Our first stop was Project Parlor, 742 Myrtle Avenue, where we were joined by Jenn, Kristin, and Christian.


Next we stopped by Rustik Tavern, 471 Dekalb Avenue, and shared some snacks.

Kurt, Erik, Christian, and I continued on to Black Swan, 1048 Bedford Avenue. 

_MG_0102 - Version 2

_MG_0125 - Version 2
[Hot Bird images via ultraclay]

Since it was on the bike ride home, Kurt, Erik, and I swung by Hot Bird, 546 Clinton Avenue, for a final drink. Thankfully, I didn't die from the cold, but I do think my bike has been retired until the spring. I'm crossing my fingers we can burn through a few more coupons before they expire! Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...