Tuesday, April 22, 2014

weekend in review

Weekends are pretty much reserved for food and fun these days. There really was an absurd amount of food...

Sunshine runs around Prospect Park to make room for all those calories!

Cucumber margaritas at Bar Bruno


Kurt and I took a much awaited trip to Lucali in Carroll Gardens. So good!

Fried chicken and red velvet waffles at The Dogwood

DIY project that needs a little more tweaking

Dinner in with friends and a few rounds of Joker

Kurt doing some lightning fast kale planting in his garden

I made deviled eggs for our Easter Sunday Feast.

A few rounds of sidewalk cornhole and enjoying the last few moments of sunshine

I also made some strawberry shortcake with gluten free pound cake and homemade whipped cream. One of my better creations!

A full and happy few days for sure. (I need a few days to detox from all that goodness!) I hope you all had great weekends too!

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful weekend! That cucumber margarita sounds delicious. Also, Brian and I love cornhole and play it non-stop when we vacation in Maine every summer. Maybe that could be a good father's day gift for him here in NYC- I never thought about bringing it to the sidewalk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always post the best pictures of food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fried chicken and red velvet waffles look TO DIE FOR. And that pizza looks like pure amazingness. I don't get out to Brooklyn often, but I'll have to remember the name of that place. Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My maple syrup is better than what you had for the chicken and waffles.

    Also, fortunately no knifings at Lucali.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love lucali and i am craving a margarita SO BAD. need to make that a reality.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...