Friday, April 18, 2014

#nycdonuttour @ doughnut plant [chelsea]




I've seriously been slacking on my doughnut touring recently. It probably had something to do with our terrible winter and my desire to stay within 3 blocks of my apartment (where there are sadly no doughnut shops). So now that spring has arrived, lookout city! I'm coming for you and your sweet treats! 

My latest endeavor was to the Chelsea outpost of Doughnut Plant. I went on a Sunday afternoon, so many of the flavors were already picked over, but I was still able to grab a few tasty options for Kurt and me to "share". The Meyer Lemon & Poppy Seed [yeast] and Valrhona Chocolate [yeast] made it back to Brooklyn but I gobbled up the Blueberry [cake, not pictured] for lunch while running errands. I have always fancied myself a yeast doughnut girl, but that cake was so moist and delicious. I don't even know what to think anymore. Two thumbs up for the Plant.


220 West 23rd Street
Chelsea, Manhattan

379 Grand Street
Lower East Side, Manhattan

And completely unrelated, I've been playing "Divisionary [Do the right thing]" by Ages and Ages on repeat recently. The song is crazy catchy and the video is adorable. So go out there and kick some ass this weekend!

4 comments:

  1. These look so tempting...mmm. I have one friend who is a cupcake aficionado. Another who knows all there is to know about macarons. Guess I found my doughnut person. ;)

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh! a meyer lemon doughnut? must make a trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY FAVORITE DOUGHNUTS!!!! I miss the doughnut tour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am totally a dough girl. can't take me NOWHERE else. (but doughnut plant is good too haha)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...