Monday, April 7, 2014

weekend in review

Finally, spring weather is creeping into our days. Finally! This resulted in a couple lovely runs in the park. Outside! Can you believe it?!

Kurt has been studying for his licensing exam, so I've been trying to contribute to the kitchen more these days. I attempted some homemade Pad See Ew (my favorite Thai takeout) but it was just meh. Not terrible. Not great. Needs a little more tweaking.

An afternoon drink at our neighborhood bar, Double Windsor.

Avocado toast is our new favorite breakfast.

Kurt and I did our civic duty by voting for our district's participatory budget.



In a very uncharacteristic weekend move, I took the train into Manhattan to tour around the Affordable Art Fair on Sunday afternoon. It was decidedly not affordable, but there was some really great work if I ever have a few thousand to contribute to my art collection.

I swung by the Chelsea flea market on 25th Street while in the city. It's a little more rough around the edges than the Brooklyn Flea but I'm sure there are gems to be found if you are willing to dig through the garbage.


Once safely back in Brooklyn, Kurt and I set out for dinner. We've been trying out all our local neighborhood restaurants lately. After Kurt pumped up my tires and greased all the rusty parts of my poor bicycle that sat outside all winter, we set off on my first bike ride of the year (Kurt has been riding his for weeks). We shared some mussels, pizza, and wine at Le Paddock in Windsor Terrace and discussed/waxed poetic about summer and upcoming travels. My favorite time of the year! I can't wait for it to arrive.

3 comments:

  1. I missed that breakfast this morning!

    We also watched the Final Four Saturday night, poor Bee-One-Gee...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that even when it's not particularly warm, every time there's a rush of 40 degree weather everyone in the tri-state area is all, "SPRING HAS SPRUNG, PEOPLE. IT IS HAPPENING." Because it is. It's just taking a while to fully settle in.

    That Pad See Ew certainly looks very tasty. Mmm.

    Have a great week!

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Le Paddock is right by my friend Rebecca's place. She pointed it out when I was at her house last Friday and said it was excellent. I will need to make a trip soon to check it out! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...