Friday, March 8, 2013

half birthdays


I don't know how it came about, but Kurt and I have taken to celebrating each other's half birthdays. We might not always go out somewhere but typically at least take note of the day or get little gifts for each other. I like that half birthdays are kind of "our thing". On Kurt's real birthday, I have to share him with everyone else who wants to celebrate. There's usually a party and lots of activity. On the other hand, half birthdays fly under the radar and I get Kurt all to myself! Is that selfish?

For Kurt's most recent "halfie" we got a drink and snack after work at Landbrot Bakery in the West Village. We know the architect that did the interior, I had been wanting to try it for a while, AND we had a coupon! No brainer. Kurt took advantage of their happy hour special of a pretzel and beer while I had a glass of wine and a ham, gouda, and apple sandwich. It was all really good. I think Landbrot is more of a bakery, so I would like to go back and try some pastries sometime (with my glass of wine, of course). Kurt requested his own half birthday gift of Powder Magazine. That boy bleeds snow, especially after a week of skiing, so I was more than happy to send a digital subscription his way. 

In case anyone is keeping track, my half birthday will be July 1st and I can guarantee you it will have nothing to do with snow. I'm already dreaming of a beach and a margarita.....sigh.

8 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to have to start this tradition too, and since we're both Jan 1 - looks like i'll have an excuse to celebrate on July 1st as well! Any excuse for good food and gifts ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice way to spread the celebrations throughout your year. Us New Year's babies are holiday heavy in winter. It's nice to have a little something to celebrate at the height of summer too!

      Delete
  2. I like that. Halfie.

    Mine is coming up! Better start planning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! I realize it's kind of a ridiculous thing to celebrate but could be a fun reason to a throw a party!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You're welcome. Better get to planning for July 1st! :)

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of a half birthday! What a great reason to get a little something (or go out on a little date) for a fun reason! I've missed both of ours this year, but there's always next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always looking for an excuse to celebrate. Definitely try it out next year!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...