Wednesday, September 19, 2012

ohio tourists: day two

After taking Kurt's Ohio friends to the Highline, of course we had to take them to Brooklyn Bridge Park as well.

Somehow I didn't get any photos of it, but no trip to BBP is complete without a visit to Bark at Pier 6. Kurt and I have been there a crazy amount of times this summer and are going to try to extend our visits into the fall as long as possible.


We took a ride on the B63 bus through Park Slope in order to take a short tour of the Gowanus Canal.

Erik took us by his compost piles at the Gowanus Canal Conservancy site.

Then we rushed to get cleaned up and join the entire family for a delicious and swanky dinner at BLT Prime.

I don't really get excited about beef (other than an occasional hamburger), so I opted for the chicken dish. Best chicken I've ever had. Hands down.

Then Kurt and I shared a blueberry cobbler with sweet corn ice cream. I would be happy to eat only that ice cream for the rest of my life. It was so good. I'm going to need an intervention if I ever get an ice cream maker. It's going to be ugly!

After dinner, the "kids" went out in the Lower East Side. Too bad we all felt old walking around the crowded streets. Luckily, we were able to find a couple quiet bars that catered to us geriatrics :) We started at Marshall Stack before stopping by the Magician for a drink. 

Our third and final stop was Schiller's Liquor Bar. Granted, I feel like I have seen it in a cheesy romantic comedy before, but I really liked it! Plus, they feature a Cuban sandwich, so I must go back again to test it.

I'm afraid this style of interiors is going out pretty soon (slash already has...how would I know?!) because I really love the white subway tile, black accents, and industrial details.

Sadly, we had to say goodbye to Nick and Ben at the end of the night as they were heading back to Ohio. We hope to see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...