Monday, September 10, 2012

cleveland

While visiting Kurt's parents in Ohio, we decided to take Claudio and Manuela up to see Cleveland for the afternoon. Of course, I first consulted the Design Sponge city guide which led us to the neighborhood of Ohio City for lunch. I would love this neighborhood for its graphics alone, but luckily there was lots of other fun stuff going on!



Tragically, we visited on a Sunday when The Westside Market is closed. It looked nothing short of amazing from our peeks through the window. I would say a trip back to Cleveland is in order just to visit this place.

Plan A was to eat lunch at the Great Lakes Brewery, but sadly, it was closed too! 

Luckily, we quickly stumbled upon The Market Garden Brewery and Distillery. It is right next door to the market and also got a stellar review from D*S.

I was won over by their branding and merchandise after merely walking through the door. Can I buy your pipe shelves?!

Hmmm...maybe that "beer" sign will be my next addition to Kurt's apartment :)

As if I needed more reasons to love this place, they had a killer outdoor space and it was a gorgeous day. Thoughts of I could maybe live in the Midwest seriously went through my mind.

Shrimp tacos and their own Saison. I was searching for real estate at this point.


After lunch, we took a quick stroll around the neighborhood. The brewery is tucked right in there. We also took a quick look through this awesome bike shop.

Next, we drove downtown to see Perk Park, a public space Kurt's brother had worked on while at his former landscape architecture office. 




We took a walk down to the lake and passed by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Who knew Ohio was hip?!



Things are happening here!



Before heading home, we took a quick walk down East 4th Street, a tiny stretch of pedestrian access stuffed with bars, restaurants, and shops. Considering the rest of town was pretty sleepy on a Sunday, this was a fun little pocket of activity in the downtown. I wish it was bigger!

Visit Cleveland! It was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...