Thursday, September 1, 2011

date night

Last week, I somehow convinced Kurt to take me on a date Friday night. The news had convinced us that Gowanus was going to be wiped away by Hurricane Irene, so we decided to head down to the canal while it was still around.



We had a couple beers at 383 Bar and Grill, a new place on a sleepy side street.

Granted it was Friday afternoon, but we were the only customers there. The staff was really nice and helpful, the beers were cheap, and the space is pretty big. I think we will make it a regular stop on our Brooklyn bar tour.


Next up was dinner at Scottadito in Park Slope.

We had a 50% off coupon and got a great seat on the street. Friday evening in the summer is such a fun time to people watch.


We shared a wine from Orvieto (I visited this little hill town during my time in Italy, so I was excited to see it on the menu!), some Caprese salad, and a delicious seafood pasta.


We rounded out the meal with some limoncello on the house. I had such a wonderful evening. Thanks for the date night, Kurt!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...