Monday, March 7, 2011

headboard project


This project has been in the works for months. Last summer, Kurt and I were walking to the grocery store in his neighborhood when I spotted this glass door on the curb in a garbage pile. Even though I'm always looking, I feel like I never find good items on the street (or don't have any way to get them home). The door looked to be in good shape, so I wasn't about to let it go! Even though I had no use for it, Kurt helped me carry it back to his apartment where it sat in his backyard for months. One day when we had a car for something, we finally transported the thing to my apartment where it sat unused for many more months. Eventually I decided I wanted to make it into a headboard. It's kind of heavy, so I wanted to make sure I got good hardware and/or mounted it on wall studs. Months of planning and deliberation later, I finally decided to put it up this weekend. The hardware claims to hold 50 pounds. I hope it doesn't fall on my head while I sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...