Wednesday, March 30, 2011

eat, pray, love


Last night I was on the phone with my mom and she suggested I watch Eat, Pray, Love. At that very moment, I was perusing Kurt's Netflix online account and contemplating watching that very movie. It was meant to be. Even though I had tried to read the book last year and got too bored to finish, I decided to watch the movie and have low expectations. No matter how bad it was, I should be pleasantly surprised, right? Kurt made me promise I wouldn't give it 5 stars and mess up his very calculated rating system.


Overall, it was a decent movie. The romance part was dumb and Julia Roberts was annoying at times, but I enjoyed the idea of mixing up your entire life, going to new places, and meeting new people. 


Most of all, I had pangs of sadness for Rome. How I miss you, beautiful city. 


The scenery in India and Bali weren't bad either. I want to ride my bike around in a tropical location! I've been stuck in frigid NYC for too long. I need an escape. Hmmm......who is going to fund my year long "mission to find myself"?

1 comment:

  1. I think my Nextflix algorithm knows not to give a predicted rating for a movie with Julia Roberts higher than 2 stars.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...