Wednesday, March 16, 2011

fashion book party


My wardrobe doesn't reflect it, but I get a daily email from this fashion site called Who What Wear. It's mainly runway looks and celebrity outfits, but sometimes it's nice to think I am creative enough to incorporate their trendy styles into my bargain basement fashion. I recently got an email from WWW promoting its new book What to Wear, Where. I had zero interest in purchasing the book or meeting the authors (I'm sure they are lovely), but once I read "free cocktails" I was in. I got Jenn on board and we attended the party last night at Scoop in Soho.




We wandered around for a while and browsed the ridiculously overpriced clothing while a DJ played in the background. Everything was super cute, but sadly I don't have $900 to spend on a jacket--even if it is the most perfect anorak I've been searching for! We finally found a strategic spot in the showroom where we could catch the waiters with fresh trays of prosecco and Baked by Melissa cupcakes. From our post we could observe all the fashionable guests and lament about our limited to nonexistent clothing budgets. We decided that Old Navy or Forever 21 should have a cocktail hour, and we could actually be convinced to make a few purchases. Regardless of our poverty, it was a fun and free evening. Thanks, Scoop and WWW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...