Monday, December 9, 2013

weekend in review








Kurt and I started off the weekend knocking out some more Beer Book locations. We're determined to use all our coupons, so we spent Friday night in Red Hook at Hope & Anchor and Rocky Sullivan's. Saturday was spent doing chores around the apartment and watching college football. We won't dwell on all the ugly details since our household is a little divided on the subject, but Auburn is going to the national championship game! I restrained my celebration (WDE!) but Aubie was beside himself with joy. On Sunday, I checked out the Brooklyn Holiday Bazaar at 501 Union. The space was gorgeous and they were giving out free drink samples, so I was in the buying mood and knocked out a bit of Christmas shopping. I spent the rest of the afternoon wandering around Cobble Hill and picked up some holiday cards so I can finally get started on that task. And as I'm working on this, Kurt is doing his shift at the Park Slope Food Co-op, so I am at home with two laptops feeding him the football bowl schedule via text as it is announced. Girlfriend of the Year, amiright? And we had snow! I'm usually such a winter grinch, but it was sort of picturesque and pleasant today. Poll me on the subject again in February and I will probably be singing a different tune. Happens every year. Anyway, I hope you all had great weekends!

4 comments:

  1. I love those cards! I saw those at the Grand Central Market; they are so beautiful! We are sending out our first holiday cards as a family of three this year. I am so excited! I am double checking all of my address labels tonight and then getting those things in the mail. I can't believe it is already December 9th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so happy auburn won - they deserve it! i am not much of a football person and come from a house divided but it was time for alabama to have a reality check haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cards are so great! I love walking around and seeing Christmas trees everywhere, too. I have to keep pulling my kids away from them, because all they want to do is touch! I'm making plans to go to the holiday market in Union Square some time this weekend. I'll want to buy everything. ;)

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could be in Brooklyn with you for the Championship game!! GO TIGERS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...