Wednesday, July 31, 2013

#nycdonuttour @ dough

Not to be defeated by our recent cronut experience, Jenn and I continued the NYC Donut Tour with a stop at Dough in Brooklyn. 

I've been hearing that Dough has the best yeast donuts in the city, so it's been high on my list of places to try.

They have some exotic flavors to offer, including Cafe au Lait, Passionfruit, and Chocolate with Cocoa Nibs as well as basics like Plain Glazed and Cinnamon Sugar. I have a feeling they rotate the menu, so I bet we were only seeing a sampling of the goods.

There's a small little corner to perch while you eat devour your donuts and can look into the kitchen. Not much was going on while we were there, but I can bet it is fun to watch when they are shaping all the donuts before they get fried.

I went with the Dulce de Leche. The taste was lovely and subtle and the donut was light and fluffy and delicious.

Jenn tried the Toasted Coconut, Mixed Berry, and Lemon Poppy Seed. (Don't judge, she took some home!) She liked the berry best. I'm a lemon fan, so the strong flavor of the poppy seed one was my favorite. The toasted coconut reminded me of Girl Scout's Samoa cookies. Very good as well!

And because I am a good girlfriend (i.e. wanted to sample more flavors) I brought a couple extra donuts home to share with Kurt. He loves anything spicy, so I knew he would appreciate the Tropical Chili and the Hibiscus just sounded too pretty to pass up.

He approves!

Dough
305 Franklin Avenue
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn

7 comments:

  1. Yum! I always love getting a Dough donut when I am at the Flea. Delicious! Dough, Peter Pan, and Doughnut Plant are my top three donut places in the city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get on this nyc doughnut (ahem toasted coconut) trend - you're giving me great (and delicious) ideas for when I'm back in the city!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dough is amazing. The candied blood orange is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love dough so much i can't even express it in words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE Dough! The cafe au lait is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good lord! those looks delicious! i've been reading back through your posts - can't wait to see all what you did in charleston. wish i were still living there so we could have met up!


    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...