Tuesday, July 2, 2013

date night at the brooklyn crab

Back at Christmas, Kurt gifted me a homemade book of coupons for dates around the city. It was such a fun present, but six months later, I had yet to use any! I decided it was about time to start cashing them in, so I told Kurt to keep Saturday night clear because he was taking me out. I chose my coupon for dinner and drinks at the Brooklyn Crab in Red Hook.

The place has three open-air levels for eating and drinking and an enormous backyard with mini golf and corn hole (sadly I didn't get a shot of the back). The place was packed (and somehow I missed the memo to dress up and looked pretty schlubby in my shorts) so it wasn't shocking when we were assigned a nearly two hour wait. Luckily we weren't starving and got some beers while we waited for our turn.


Finally, we were granted a table on the top floor. I wish there was still a little sunlight left because the view that high up was amazing. You could see the Statue of Liberty and out to Staten Island. We perused the mainly seafood menu, asked the waitress a few questions, and settled on an appetizer of mussels and then spicy snow crab legs for dinner. So good. We were a mess by the end of it all but full and happy.


Lest I think about double dipping and using my coupon again, Kurt made sure it was clearly marked "VOID" in my book :) Thanks for the great date night, Kurt! Lookout, I've got many more coupons to burn through!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...