Monday, June 3, 2013

recently...

Sorry guys. Life changes+hectic schedule=upset to the blogging routine. I've missed this space and hope to get back on track soon. Here's a quick catch up on items not related to my half marathon, moving, and travels. I've got plans for bigger posts on those later.

Above, the gorgeous city skyline enhanced by A Beautiful Mess' app.

Jenn, Kurt, and I attended another tweetup at the American Museum of Natural History. This time about whales! (See our last tweetup here!)

As one last hurrah at my old apartment, I hosted a Kentucky Derby party. It was kind of last minute, so the crowd was slim, but we still had a good time. I made way too much food (which came in handy while packing and not wanting to grocery shop) and my horse came in last place. C'est la vie. I still had a great time. Highlights of the party were adorable drink stirrers compliments of Mint Love Blog and delicious derby pie bars via The SoHo

I did another training run with Immaculate Infatuation before my half marathon. This time we did 10 miles in Prospect Park and enjoyed the food truck rally in Grand Army Plaza afterwards. I had a delicious grilled cheese from the Milk Truck. Calories out, calories in.

I GOT MY STAMP! Licensed architect in the state of New York!

The day Kurt and I moved some friends hosted a crawfish boil in their backyard. We showed up late but were still able to take part in the 90+ pounds of delicious crustaceans! 

Speaking of good food, we just finished up another great season of Madison Square Eats. Clockwise from upper left: barbecue sandwich and cheap beer from Mexicue, the madness of the lunchtime crowd, brussel sprouts then chicken sandwich from Ilili, Bronx Pale Ale and pork belly grilled cheese from The Cannibal. Not pictured but still delicious: rice balls from Arancini Bros and empanadas from La Sonrisa. This place is the highlight of my lunchtime ritual. I will miss it until the next round in the fall!

That's all for now. Stick with me! More updates to come soon, I promise!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds/looks like you're having a great time! Can't wait to see the longer posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has certainly been busy! I'm hoping to be back to a normal routine soon. Thanks for sticking with me!

      Delete
  2. oh my gosh, life in NYC sounds so delicious! and a crawfish boil!?!?! thats awesome! i'll have to host one when i'm in chicago

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good food is certainly not hard to come by here :) The crawfish boil was super fun. It seemed like a lot of work to coordinate (overnighting the crawfish from Louisiana!) but soooo worth it!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the Milk Truck grilled cheese too! Congrats on your half marathon! Can we see some new apartment pics soon? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The apartment is definitely a work in progress, but I am hoping to have some photos up soon! Thanks for sticking with me!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...