Tuesday, June 11, 2013

eric and jess get hitched!

Well, folks, it's been over a month since Kurt and I traveled to Alabama to see our friends Eric and Jessica tie the knot. I'm obviously way behind and had some major dental work done today, so I'll keep the words limited while I'm doped up on pain medicine. Lots of pictures!

I'm so happy for the lovely couple! Congratulations, E+J!



Lucky us, we got to travel during the sequester, so flights were out of control. We were delayed so much that we had no chance of making our connection, so they had to fly us into an entirely different airport. Super fun.

My parents were nice enough to pick us up in Nashville and we did a little tooling around Downtown Franklin.



Dinner at 55 South. I highly recommend the Dirty Bird Sandwich. 


The next day, Kurt and I drove from my parent's house down to Birmingham. Of course we had to make a stop at our favorite Railroad Park. Kurt even went as far to contact a landscape architect who worked on the project team. We had a lovely lunch with her and the park coordinator outside in the sun (something NYC had been seriously lacking).








Then we did some wandering around downtown Birmingham.

Kurt desperately needed a haircut, so he found a barber shop so he could get all pretty.





After more wandering, we headed back to our hotel to get cleaned up for the rehearsal dinner. We always enjoy staying at The Redmont Hotel in Birmingham. It's pretty inexpensive, right downtown, and has an awesome rooftop bar!



We had a drink and checked out the views before heading to the rehearsal dinner.


The lovely rehearsal dinner was at the Clubhouse on Highland.

Followed by a couple drinks at The Garage Cafe.

As part of my half marathon training, I had to run 10 miles the morning of the wedding. Our hotel is right near RR Park, so I thought I would do a bunch of laps there and knock it out. Unfortunately, the park was also hosting a fundraising walk the same morning, so I spent a lot of my run dodging slow walking church groups.

Eventually I finished all 10 miles and rewarded myself with a donut and iced latte from Urban Standard. I could have eaten ten of them. One for each mile ran, right?


Kurt loves all things city/community planning, so he wanted to check out the town of Mt. Laurel, so we took a drive out to see the development.




On our way back to the hotel, we stopped to poke around Mountain Brook for a little bit. We fully embraced our Southern surroundings with pimento cheese BLTs at Gilchrist.

Once we got all dolled up at the hotel, we called a taxi to take us to the wedding. I think we are the only two people in Birmingham who take cabs. We like to drink and don't like driving (especially not together), so it is totally worth the cost to us.


We had some pregame time for a nice drink at Five Bar before the ceremony.

Apparently these things tend to start on time, so we slid into the back just as the procession was starting. Isn't the space at the Avon Theater awesome?

Mr and Mrs!


Architecture friends!

Just the architecture ladies. Love these girls!

I feel like weddings fly by so quickly! Before you know it, the couple is running out in a sea of sparklers and the party is over.


Congratulations!!!

The End.

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...