Friday, October 12, 2012

oh joy! book party

Jenn and I hopped over to the Columbus Circle west elm after work yesterday for the much anticipated Blog Inc. book party. I was so excited to meet Joy Deangdeelert Cho of the blog Oh Joy! and have her sign our copies of the new book. She was even more cute and lovely than I had imagined. (I don't know how these authors do it! I would be spent after signing 10 books!) Plus, her adorable husband and baby were running around the store mingling with guests. Too cute!


Joy did a great Q&A session where she answered questions about her blog, freelancing, and balancing work with a family. She is super down to earth and it was great to hear her advice to us newbie bloggers just starting out.

I spotted a few notable blog writers in the crowd, but of course I didn't have the guts to talk to any of them. I haven't been able to come up with a better ice breaker than I love your blog and know so much about your life and you have no clue who I am. I know, not the best opening line. I'm working on my courage!

Here I am modeling my new Blog Inc. book! I'm hoping to study up on all Joy's tips and spruce up this old Gravytrain one of these days.

p.s. The drinks served at the party were named "Ruby Fizz" in honor of Joy's baby daughter. How cute is that?!

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. love joy!! looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so fun! I saw that 'Rockstar Diaries' was there on Instagram - I was hoping you two would become fast friends! Ha. I would have been way too nervous to talk to any of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like so much fun! i would be nervous to talk to notable bloggers too, they are kinda famous in my small world haha

    i need to get a copy of that book!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...