Thursday, October 25, 2012

nyc touring

Last Saturday, Kurt's friend Nathaniel was in town from Ohio for about twenty four hours. He is a photographer on the side and wanted to get some shots of very NYC-centric locations. Luckily, the weather could not have been better and he was able to get tons of great sunlight!


We started with a short walk through Central Park. Prospect Park in Brooklyn definitely has my heart, but there is just something special about Central Park. It is such an oasis amidst the chaos.



Next we took a stroll down the Highline. It must have been the busiest I have ever seen it! And I've been there during the height of the summer! Gorgeous fall days must be a pretty big draw.

The colors were phenomenal. Who says you need to leave the city for that?

We planned on eating at some of the vendors on the Highline but it was absolutely swamped. Plan B was the Standard Biergarten...packed as well! Luckily I heard about the Urbanspace Meatpacking market through my extensive blog reading

It's tucked right underneath the park where vendors sell goods and food. 

Kurt and I split some hot dogs from Asia Dog. Yum!

Following our afternoon snacks, we hopped on a train down to City Hall so Nathaniel could get some more photos. We even stayed on the 6 train where it turns around at Brooklyn Bridge/City Hall so we could see the tile work at the old City Hall Station. Have you ever tried it? It was a blink and you miss it type moment but fun to explore an NYC secret. 

We had ambitions to walk the Brooklyn Bridge but decided it was getting too late and took a cab over instead in order to catch the tail end of the sunset from the Brooklyn Heights Promenade. What a day! Kurt and I were even exhausted after all that walking! 

Aren't Kurt and I fabulous hosts?! Ahem, I'm looking at you, out of town friends...come visit anytime! :)

4 comments:

  1. These posts lately have been so AWESOME! I love hearing about all the super fun things y'all are doing all over the city. I feel like I'm actually there experiencing them with you. I just have to tell myself that this is NOT a reason to not come visit, "Oh I'd just love to go see Kurt and Gravy, but she's covered all of NYC so well on her blog, there's no reason to buy a plane ticket". Haha! Can't wait to hear about fun things to do in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty amazing color on those Sumacs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! All of these photos make me want to visit NYC again. I went when I was 15, which was almost 10 years ago! I would love to be there for NYE one year, definitely on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how beautiful! i love when people visit - it gets me out to all these amazing places. (i haven't even made it to central park yet this fall - shameful!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...