Sunday, May 22, 2011

housewarming party


Even before I moved, I started dreaming about having a housewarming party. It seems like such a fun way to introduce friends to your new space. I hadn't made too many strides in the decorating department but still wanted to have a few people over. Plus, I don't have too much furniture yet so it's easy to fit people in my tiny apartment!

I asked people to bring their own drinks and I would provide some snacks. I had some roasted chickpeas (even though my oven started smoking midway through and I was forced to shorten their cooking time), Mexican layer dip with chips, addicting wasabi peas, and some hummus with crackers and veggies.

Jenn brought her delicious, tastes-better-than-it-looks strawberry rhubarb pie and Kristin picked up a famous Steve's Key Lime Pie

Unfortunately, my lack of furniture doesn't provide much in the way of seating. Hopefully that will be resolved soon enough. Regardless, everyone got creative and found somewhere to perch. 


I painted my front door with chalkboard paint but have been unable to come up with something to write on it yet. I'm hoping it will continually change and evolve but I was scared to make the first mark. Kurt started it off and everyone signed their name in a crossword puzzle type fashion. Of course, Kurt also decided to include a huge O-H! All I have to say to that is...I-O! :) Oh, and War Eagle!

Thanks to everyone for coming! I'm hoping it will be the first of many gatherings at my "canal-side crib".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...