Thursday, January 27, 2011

Plea


Dear Old Man Winter,

      Thank you so much for all the snow you have sent New York City this winter (over 50 inches already, to be exact). It really makes for a beautiful scene out my window. However, I am writing to you now to say that I. Am. Over. It. It has got to stop. I have worn my boots for more days then I can count. Snowfall like this would have paralyzed any city I have lived in before NYC but I still have to go to work. Snowdays don't exist here! I have slipped on ice and fallen on my butt on the sidewalk, not once, but twice this season and have been pelted by one too many snowballs. The prettiness of snow lasts for about 20 minutes before it turns to brown slush and collects precisely where I need to walk. And did I mention I don't like the cold? Anyway, you can go ahead and bring on those sunny days and warm temperatures a bit early this year. I don't think anyone will mind. Hell, I will even take the humidity. I really think we have been through enough. A change will be greatly appreciated.

      Yours truly,
      MG



3 comments:

  1. Give me some credit for the snowballs.
    Also, you haven't been lawn-darted yet, so you have that on the bright side. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gross. the second to last picture is especially disturbing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second your plea...although I would throw a number of curse words into my letter to Old Man Winter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...