Monday, January 20, 2014

weekend in review







We started it off with a moonlit walk through Prospect Park followed by ice skating at the brand new Lefrak Center at Lakeside. Kurt is a natural skater; I am terrible, but at least I stayed on my feet the entire time...and teetered around the rink at about 2 mph.


 I've signed up for a this pass where you can try out different gyms and studios around the city. I attended my first class (a method called Lastics) on Saturday. As a reward, I treated myself to what I have heard is "the best cookie" in the city at Levain Bakery. I got the chocolate and peanut butter flavor and was even generous enough to save half for Kurt. I'm no cookie expert but it was pretty delicious. And no trip to the Upper West Side is complete without a stop at Michael's and Homegoods for a suburban shopping fix.

That evening I made some Cauliflower Brie soup (getting some use out of my immersion blender!) and we started chipping away at the Lord of the Rings trilogy which Kurt has never seen.

Sunday started with brunch at Fonda and was followed by chores around the apartment. I know I'm very far behind, but I just finished reading the first Hunger Games book, so I made Kurt watch the movie with me. He's traumatized but I can't wait to read the next book and see the movie! The weekend was rounded out with the first bi-weekly GIRLS watch party of the season. Happy to have it back in my life! 

6 comments:

  1. Cauliflower brie soup?! D isn't the biggest cauliflower fan, but I think I could win him over with this soup! And Girls...I'm so happy it's back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still haven't been to levain! but when i see those huge cookies i don't think delicious. like a homemade, hot, chocolate chip cookie is always my ultimate. but everyone thinks they're the best so i guess i need to go there and actually decide myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was mistaken, haven't been to Levain before.

    I grew up skating on the frozen ponds of Ohio! Still haven't figured out how I didn't make the Olympics....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been ice skating in years, mostly because I am the worst. You look so cute in those photos!

    I've heard good things about Levain! And it makes me too happy for words thinking about Michaels and the UWS. My coworkers went for trip there almost every day. The life of a teacher...or a crafter. ;)

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to love book two and hate book three. And how has Kurt never seen Lord of the Rings? And I am sad to miss Girls! Why did I move again?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...