Wednesday, October 9, 2013

charleston: angel oak and savannah





























This is the last Charleston themed post, I promise. Are you tired of them yet? I'm not! I want there to be more! Anyway, one day, Kurt and I rented a car and drove to Savannah. On the way we stopped by the Angel Oak tree and it was nothing short of amazing. The pictures really don't do it justice. You should see it for yourself! 

Once in Savannah, we did lots of wandering around, grabbing lunch along the river then trying to hit every public square and park we could. By this point, we had become pretty (re)acquainted with the daily afternoon rainstorm in the South, so we popped into a cafe for a glass of wine to wait out a downpour before continuing our trek around the city. Savannah was lovely and gorgeous and quintessentially Southern, but honestly, Kurt and I preferred Charleston. It's hard to compare cities 'apples to apples' and we did spend much more timed getting to know Charleston, but it really just charmed the pants right off us. I'll surely be dreaming about it more and more come the drizzly depressing NYC winter! 

I hope you enjoyed our Southern recap! In case you missed the other posts:

2 comments:

  1. ugh, melissa! these posts are making me want to fly south so so bad right now. thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...