Friday, December 31, 2010

Perfect Red Nail Polish

I don't go shopping a ton (because I am a poor little architect living in a super pricey city) but when I do, I usually like to hit up Forever 21 for cute and cheap dresses and tops. I feel like it is an art form to sort through their more risqué club items to find work appropriate pieces that aren't too trendy. However, because the stores here in NYC get so much traffic, they are usually disheveled and make it near impossible to find things easily. While visiting my family in Alabama for the holidays, it was a relief to find the Huntsville store clean, tidy, and organized. Even their jewelry and beauty items were pristine! Amazing!
I've been on the hunt for a good red nail polish. It needs to have a tinge of orange to it (I feel like the true reds look too matronly). No matter how many times I visited Target's beauty department, I couldn't will them to carry my ideal shade. I finally found it in Forever 21's neatly organized nail polish bin! It's called Coral and looks great (I have it on my fingers and toes at the moment)! Plus, it's less than $3. Hard to beat.

Since I was on a roll, I also decided to pick up this gold glitter polish called Gold Rush. It's nice and shimmery without being too over the top. It also reminds me of this much pricier version I was lusting after a few months ago.

And of course, while trying to buy last minute Christmas presents for other people, I found the most adorable dress for me! Orange and blue! It's going to be the perfect Auburn dress to wear to watch the National Championship Game in January! I can't find it on the website but is very similar to this one. Oh, Forever 21, keep up the good work!

1 comment:

  1. You know that dress you bought? My sister just got the same one! It is super cute - I plan on stealing it from her at some point.... after all, that what sisters are for, right? Also, glad to hear you made it back to NYC - I thought you might be celebrating New Years / your birthday in an airport somewhere!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...