Saturday, December 25, 2010

Happy Holidays!

It snowed in Alabama!! It hardly ever snows in Alabama!!! This was the scene we woke up to Christmas morning:



Of course this means the state is at a standstill today. After a blizzard and extended power outage many years ago, my family has adopted the tradition of going to a movie on Christmas day, but I'm not sure we'll even be able to make it to town! I was hoping to see the Black Swan too :(

We enjoyed some delicious waffles this morning (my mom's strawberry specialty), my expertly mixed mimosas (I'm hoping they will become a new Christmas family tradition), and opened some presents with the family. We'll be digging out (from under about 2") the rest of the day and enjoying this rare white Christmas. I hope you enjoy yours too!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Digging out... aka dusting off!
    Glad you also had a white Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...