Tuesday, June 22, 2010

One Year


Kurt and I have been dating for a year. I cannot believe it. It sounds like a looooong time to me but has gone by in a flash.

To commemorate this monumental occasion, Kurt had the idea to take a water taxi from downtown Manhattan to Red Hook in Brooklyn to Ikea. His boss had worked on the drawings for a park that surrounds the store. The area is still pretty industrial which makes it quiet and there are some nice spaces to hang out near the water and watch the ships.

We packed a picnic of ham and brie sandwiches, $3 wine from Trader Joe's, and cups and napkins stolen....err.....borrowed from my office.

Oh, and a yummy peanut butter and chocolate bar for dessert! :)

We finished off the evening watching the sunset over the gantries. It was lovely. Kurt and I have a bet going now. I say year 2 is going to be even better than the first.

I'm totally going to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...