Friday, June 18, 2010

Boston

Kurt and I decided to head up to Boston over Memorial Day weekend. I had never been before and was excited to see a couple responsible homeowning friends up there. Betsy was gracious (as always) enough to let us stay with her. She is the best hostess. She toured us all around the city and made us the most delicious breakfast I've had in a long time. I hope she will come visit Brooklyn sometime and I can aspire to be half as accommodating as her. We also got to see Keely and Patrick (and pups!) and all the improvements they've made on their house. What a huge undertaking! See their progress here.

While in Baaaahston (Kurt tirelessly tried to teach me the accent but I just sounded retarded) we ate lots of good food (we saw Guy Fieri at one restaurant!), drank a bunch of beer, walked a ton (and we're New Yorkers!) and saw.......

....several parks along the Big Dig project.....

....Paul Revere's one if by land, two if by sea church....

....the Boston Public Library....
(Sadly they were closed and we didn't get to go inside!)

....the Institute of Contemporary Art while waiting for our tour at the Harpoon Brewery....
....Harvard's campus and stadium....

....Eero Saarinen's MIT chapel....

....dorms at MIT by Steven Holl....

....and Fenway Park! Awesome trip!

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...