Monday, March 10, 2014

weekend in review








The temps are barely climbing above the freezing mark, but somehow the days and weekends are slowly filling with activity more than during the doldrums of winter. And I absolutely love it. Being on the go non-stop can be tiring but it's fun and exciting and why I love this city. I can sleep when I'm dead! Anyway, we started off the weekend with an awesome Avett Brothers and Old Crow Medicine Show concert at the Barclay's Center here in Brooklyn. The weather was so nice on Saturday I got in a good run in Prospect Park before getting drinks nearby at Greenwood Park. Outside! I forgot what that was like! The rest of the weekend was spent celebrating birthdays (apparently early March is THE time to be born). After recovering from a much too festive Saturday night, some friends had a backyard barbecue on Sunday. The weather might have been a bit premature for that one, but we were eating outside even if it meant scarves and jackets! I made Kurt a cake for his half birthday but it somehow got folded into the actual birthday festivities. Let's just be clear that it was Kurt's Buckeye Cake (chocolate cake + peanut butter frosting, recipes here and here). The night got wrapped up with a rousing game of Boys vs Girls Catchphrase. I'm happy to say the girls went 3 games undefeated! Woo hoo!

1 comment:

  1. aww, i LOVE that half-birthday cake! such a cute idea. (and what an amazing-sounding recipe, yum!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...