Monday, February 13, 2012

recent happenings

Things from the past week or so....




Jenn was nice enough to invite me as her +1 to the Architecture League's First Friday happy hour at the studios of Architecture Research Office

Stephen had a bunch of people over to his apartment to watch the Super Bowl. We took turns in the living room (some people were more interested in Madonna/commercials and others in the game) and consumed way too much food. (Sorry for the blurry iPhone panoramic. I'm still figuring out my new Photosynth app.)

Since I am the low man on the totem pole in my office, I always get the task of measuring new projects whether I will ultimately work on them or not. Sometimes it is a drag but most of the time it is really interesting and fun. Plus, I feel connected to/knowledgeable of almost every project that goes through the office. Recently, a coworker and I measured two apartments that we plan on combining on the Upper East Side. The apartment the client currently lives in is kind of funky and quirky. There are curved walls and bright colors.

Cute pup! I'm constantly guilty of sneaking a few animal pics into the existing condition records.

While the first, colorful apartment was pretty nice, the one they are annexing is super grubby! I could not get over how awful this fully reflective bathroom is. Practically every surface is covered in mirror (or zebra carpet) including the ceiling! I felt like I was in Poltergeist.

Because I demanded it (and had an expiring coupon) Kurt and I recently had a date night at Apartment 138 in Brooklyn. Kurt likes to cook and we are both cheap, so it is kind of rare that we go out to a nice dinner. We shared a bottle of wine (Tuesday is half price wine bottle night! woot woot!) and a plate of pickles. For dinner, I had some Ricotta Gnocchi (with winter squash, brown butter, and candied pumpkin seeds), and Kurt had the Chicken Pot Pie. Delicious! NYC has so many great restaurants that we never go to! I'm not suggesting we go out all the time (because I would be obese and homeless) but it's a shame to not take advantage of all our great city has to offer. Who's with me?!

The weekend consisted of studying (blah) and TV/movie watching. Friday night we combined wine and pizza while ogling Ryan Gosling in Drive. Kurt and I finally wrapped up our marathon of watching The League. (Yes, it is completely offensive, but I can't get over how hilarious it is and how much I love it. I'm sad we have to wait for the next season now!) Then Kurt suggested a chick flick and I obliged with Morning Glory. The one only good thing about winter is catching up on TV time :) 

How was everyone's weekend?

2 comments:

  1. For the record I knew a chick-flick was inevitable, so I just took it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The restaurant sounds great! I'll have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...