Saturday, February 11, 2012

friday night birthdays

A couple weeks ago, we had a few friends celebrating their birthdays on the same night. Luckily, they were all having festivities near each other in Brooklyn, so we were able to hop around and send some good birthday wishes everyone's way.

Our first stop was Ocean's 8 in Park Slope. I swear it is Chuck E Cheese for adults.

The basement space spans several buildings and is enormous! There are 40+ pool tables....

....and ping pong (my favorite) along with air hockey, mini bowling, basketball, and countless other arcade games.


While the crowd was not that of our typical hipster Park Slope bars, I had a blast. And it was cheap! I don't think it will be an every weekend hangout but I can definitely see us going back.


Our next party was at Woodwork in Prospect Heights, but while walking to the bar, Jenn and I were overcome by the allure of Ample Hills Creamery. How often can you eat ice cream in January?! We may have underestimated the wind and were freezing by the time we made it to the bar, but it was worth it. I had the Salted Crack Caramel and it was delicious! Beer + pool + ice cream = a great night out!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I love Ample Hills. It's tough to choose a flavor, but salted crack caramel is a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...