Saturday, October 9, 2010

Party@theCenter

Thursday night was the Party@theCenter. It's held at the Center for Architecture as the after party for the Heritage Ball, the AIA's annual black tie gala. This is the second year Jenn and I have volunteered to help with the event. By working the door for a half hour, we earned a free ticket for ourselves and a guest. It's such an easy deal! Of course I invited Kurt as my +1. He owes me!

The Party is such a fun time. The staff at the Center works hard to get alcohol donated and found some DJs and a really great band, Mystery Roar. It's a difficult space to decorate, but they covered the ceiling in a layer of balloons. So fun!

We did a lot of dancing.

Kurt even busted out some moves on the dance floor.

My Auburn friend Christian even came and brought a girl from his office who's from Kentucky. More SEC friends!

We had lots of drinks (a new favorite: Absolut pear, apple juice, and a splash of soda, so yummy!) and closed the party down at 2am. The next day was a little rough and I needed some recovery time, so I gifted myself a four day weekend.

Next year I hope we can convince more friends to join us at the Party. Architects know how to have a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...