Monday, September 20, 2010

Ohio Tidbits

I've been struggling to find time to sort through all our photos from our trip to Columbus, Ohio to see the Ohio State Buckeyes take on the Miami Hurricanes a couple weekends ago. (Kurt took so many pictures inside the stadium, if I didn't know any better, I would say he didn't have time to follow any of the game!) So until I get my act together and make a football post, here are some other highlights from our travels back to Salem, Ohio to see the Martigs.

I'm glad Kurt prepared me for this sight because without a warning, I think I would have thought I was hallucinating. Yes, that's right. It is a basket. It is also the headquarters of the Longaberger Basket Company. The firm Kurt worked with during his time at Ohio State was the architect on the job. His only defense: "Well, they don't put it in their marketing material."

Once we got to Salem, we had a lovely meal with Kurt and Erik's parents and aunt and uncle. Then we headed out to the family's garden, where Mr. Martig wanted to show us the pumpkins he's been growing. (Sidenote: It stays light in Ohio forever because it is on the western edge of the eastern time zone. I have vowed that my next locale will be similarly located in whichever time zone I end up in. I want to squeeze every bit of sunlight out of every day! And let's face it, I'm rarely awake really early in the morning, so I would rather tack those hours onto the end of the day.)

These were the sweet little pumpkins we found waiting for us at the garden.

One for each one of us "kids".


Silvia's didn't show up great, but it is written there!

The garden is also a prime location for finding 4-leaf clovers. Mr. Martig is a champ at searching them out. He claims to have found 20 in one day! We all searched for a few minutes for our own little good luck charms. I found a 5-leaf one! (Like my nail polish?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...